MVW Nutritionals is a privately held company, with the mission of providing leading edge nutritional supplements and vitamins for persons who have cystic fibrosis and other gastrointestinal disorders. Formed in 2013, our goal is to deliver innovative products, through continuous improvement, coupled with outstanding service.
MVW Complete Formulation Multivitamin products are regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”) as Dietary Supplements. The last defines, in part, as products taken by mouth that contain a “dietary ingredient” intended to supplement the diet. FDA regulates both dietary ingredients (i.e. starting materials) and finished dietary products (i.e. finished goods). As a manufacturer, we are responsible for evaluating the safety and labeling of our products before marketing to ensure that they meet all the requirements of DSHEA and FDA regulations.
Our products are manufactured at facilities located in the United States that are certified as cGMP for Dietary Supplements to meet the guidelines set out by FDA. Routine testing occurs during the manufacturing process and every product receives a Certificate of Analysis (“COA”) upon release by the Quality Team. In addition to making sure that each product meets its label claim for release, the product also undergoes stability testing to provide the confidence that the levels of vitamins and minerals needed for care are consistent with the label through product expiration. We believe this is important, as we seek to ensure the highest standard of quality control for our customers – Healthcare Providers, patients and families, and other who distribute our products. The nutrient content of the MVW Complete Formulation Multivitamins meets the age-specific, daily supplemental vitamin recommendations outlined in the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Nutritional Consensus Statement; the recommendations for vitamin D as described in the 2011 Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guidelines; and vitamin K recommended by the 2002 European CF Society Nutrition Consensus Report.
Consistent with our goal of delivering exceptional products through innovation and continuous improvement, we are pleased to announce:
- NEW MVW Complete Formulation MINI Softgels for patients who desire “an earlier transition” to a softgel multivitamin.
- Softgels1 and chewable options that address the age-specific, evidence-based guidelines for managing and treating of vitamin D deficiency in individuals with cystic fibrosis Today, we three softgel multivitamin options to address Standard or Routine dosing, Step 1 Increases, and Step 2 Increases – MVW Complete Formulation Multivitamin Softgels, MVW Complete Formulation Multivitamin D3000 Softgels, and MVW Complete Formulation Multivitamin D5000 Softgels.
- NEW “Size Wise” MVW Complete Formulation Chewables in three flavors – Grape, Orange and Bubble Gum; and both Standard or Routine Dosing, and Step 1 Increase options.
- A novel lipid-based drop. MVW Complete Formulation Drops uses a “lipid-based matrix” versus water, as fat-soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) require fats to be absorbed. Food grade vegetable-based medium chain triglycerides (“MCT’s) make up this lipid matrix. MCT’s were selected, as MCT oil passively diffuses from the GI tract to the portal system without the requirement for modification like long-chain fatty acids or very-long-chain fatty acids. In addition, MCT oil does not require bile salts for digestion. Patients who have malnutrition, malabsorption or particular fatty-acid metabolism disorders are treated with MCT’s, because MCT’s do not require energy for absorption, use or storage. Furthermore, MCT’s are bland and do not generate off-notes (dissonant tastes). They are also more polar that LCT’s. Because of these attributes, they are used as solvents for flavors, oral medicines and vitamins. The serving size of MVW Complete Formulation Pediatric Drops is 0.5ml for infants up to 12 months (versus 1.0ml for water-based drops), and 1.0ml for children 1 to 3 (versus 2.0ml for water-based drops. Infants, react to taste and texture. This lower volume, naturally flavored citrus flavor suspension offers a unique texture – slightly more viscous, and one where the sweeteners are readily apparent on the tongue.
- A NEW Dosing Option for the MVW Complete Formulation Drop. To support accurate administration of either the 0.5ml dose (infants up to 12 months) or 1.0ml (children 1 to 3 years of age) and easier administration and clean – in addition to the standard dropper – a plastic insert and syringe (Figure 1) is included in each box. The insert should be placed into the neck of the bottle upon opening, if this dosing option is preferred. To administer the drop, simply insert the tip of the small bore syringe into the opening in the plastic insert, invert bottle and draw either 0.5ml or 1.0ml into the syringe. Remove syringe and replace bottle cap. After administering the drop, the syringe should be rinsed and dried.
1 Patent Formula (US Patent No. 9439913)
2 J Clin Endocrinol Metab, April 2012, 97(4): 1082-1093