MVW Complete Formulation D5000 Softgels1 were developed to address the CF Foundation’s September 2010 multi-specialty ad hoc committee recommendations for age-specic, stepwise increases in vitamin D3 intake when optimum D status is not achieved from standard CF-specific multivitamin dosing.
MVW Complete Formulation D5000 Softgels contain the same amounts of the fat-soluble vitamins A, E and K, and water-soluble vitamins and zinc as found in the standard MVW Complete Formulation Softgels for routine dosing, but provide 5000 IUs of D3 in each softgel to meet the “Step 2” dose increases recommended by the CF Foundation’s September 2010 Ad Hoc Committee recommendations.
MVW Complete Formulation D5000 Softgels are red in color.
1 Patent-Pending Formula
USAGE AND DIRECTIONS
Age 4 to 10 years:1 chewable daily
Age 10 years and older: 1 softgel twice daily, or as directed by physician.
Best taken with meals and supplemental pancreatic enzymes.
MVW Complete Formulation D5000 Softgels may be used for nutritional supplementation in individuals whose diets are deficient in the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K or who have difficulty absorbing fat-soluble vitamins as seen in cystic fibrosis†, and provides a Step 2 Increase in vitamin D intake for individuals when optimum D status in not achieved from Step I Increase CF-specific multivitamin dosing††.
For use solely under medical supervision.
† This statement has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
†† J Clin Endocrinol Metab 97: 1082-1093, 2012
MVW Complete Formulation D5000 Softgels are safety sealed for your protection. If the safety seal is broken or missing, do not use and contact MVW Nutritionals immediately at 1-855-236-8584.
Keep out of reach of children. Use caution when administering to children or individuals who have difficulty swallowing softgels.
To report a serious adverse event, please contact MVW Nutritionals immediately at 1-855-236-8584.
Do not use this product if you have a known sensitivity or allergy to any of the ingredients.
Excessive amounts of vitamin A during pregnancy may be harmful to the fetus. Women of childbearing age should consult their physician regarding total vitamin A intake during pregnancy.
Vitamin K interferes with anticoagulant medications, so persons taking anticoagulant drugs should consult with their physician before beginning use of Complete Formulation Softgels.
Bottles of 60 softgel capsules.
Store at room temperature (59°F – 86°F), in a dry place away from direct sunlight.
WHERE TO BUY
Are the MVW vitamins available through any special programs?
Yes, they are available through the AbbVie CF Care Forward program
Ask about other program availability.
Are they available through my CF Specialty Pharmacy?
Our complete line of products are stocked by most of the CF Specialty Pharmacies across the country.
How are local pharmacists getting MVW Complete Formulation products through their wholesalers?
The Order Entry Numbers for MVW Nutritional Multivitamins – chewables, standard softgels, chewables and softgels with higher D, and drops are reflected in the chart below:
- Advise the pharmacist that the three major wholesalers – McKesson, ABC and Cardinal – have assigned order entry numbers for products that may be ordered through their respective wholesale distribution centers.
- The pharmacist should enter the number in their order entry system. If their local distribution center has already stocked the desired product, the order will process and product will arrive at to the pharmacist with the next shipment from the wholesaler – normally one to two days.
- If the local distribution center has never stocked the product, the order entry system will display one of two error messages: product discontinued, manufacturer backorder. Should the pharmacist get either of these two messages, they must CALL their local distribution center, provide the item number, and request that they stock the product. Distributors call this “activating an item” or “bringing the item in”. NOTE: Only an item with an assigned order entry can be activated at the local distribution center level in this manner.
- For products without an item number, the local distribution center must call their corporate office, and request that corporate assign an item number.
- If the pharmacist is (i) less than co-operative, or (ii) has questions, please call our toll-free number – (855) CF-MULTI – and we be happy to assist in this process.