MVW Modulator Formulation Liquid is specifically formulated to supplement the dietary needs of individuals with the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, who are prescribed modulator therapy and are receiving a multivitamin, and have elevated serum vitamin levels of A, E, or D.†
MVW Modulator Formulation Liquid is formulated with a lower amount of preformed vitamin A (retinyl palmitate), while offering a higher amount of pro-vitamin A (beta carotene). This approach provides for more individualized and regulated management of vitamin A serum levels, while addressing the reduced conversion efficiency of beta carotene due to generic variation in the BCMO1 gene.
MVW Modulator Formulation Liquid contain the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E and K, plus a higher amount of vitamin C than Included in traditional multivitamins and zinc. The product is rich in antioxidants due to the beta carotene content, ascorbic acid, alpha-tocopherol and zinc. PRESERVATIVE-FREE & GLUTEN FREE. NO SUGAR, STARCH, ARTIFICIAL COLORS, WHEAT OR CORN ADDED.
MVW Modulator Formulation Liquid was developed to meet or exceed the daily fat-soluble supplemental vitamin needs as outlined in the 2002 Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Consensus Statement, the recommendations by the 2010 CF Foundation September Multispecialty Ad Hoc Committee for age-specific vitamin D intake, and vitamin K as described in the 2011 Endocrine Society Clinical Practice Guidelines, and recent evidence; and offers both clinical studied and patient proven absorption technologies, combined with new and novel approaches to support absorption through the addition of a solubilizier.
PLEASE DISCUSS THE USE OF THIS PRODUCT PRIOR TO FIRST USE OR ADMINISTRATION.
MVW Modulator Formulation Liquid has a natural vanilla flavor.
MVW Modulator Formulation Liquid is aqueous-based (water) and was developed to better support absorption through the addition of a solubilizer. SHAKE VIGOROUSLY prior to use or administration by inverting the bottle.
MVW Modulator Formulation Liquid is provided in 60 ml bottles.
USAGE AND DIRECTIONS
Age 0 to 12 months: 3 ml daily
Age 1 to 3 years: 3 ml twice daily or as directed by a physician.
Best taken with fat-containing meals and supplemental pancreatic enzymes.
MVW Modulator Formulation Liquid may be used in individuals who are prescribed a modulator therapy and experience elevated serum vitamin levels of A, D or E when a modulator and traditional multivitamin are taken concomitantly. For use solely under the direction, control, and supervision of a medical professional.
MVW Modulator Formulation Multivitamin Liquid is safety sealed and provides both an outer safety seal (surrounding the bottle cap) and inner safety seal (affixed to the top of the bottle). If either safety seal is not intact, do not use the product and call MVW Nutritionals immediately at (855) 236-8584 / (855) CF MULTI.
To report a serious adverse event, please contact MVW Nutritionals
immediately at (855) 236-8584 / (855) CF MULTI.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or a poison control center.
Do not take this product if you have known or suspected allergies or sensitivities to any of the ingredients. Please review the Supplement Facts and Other Ingredients prior to taking or administering the first dose.
High amounts of vitamin A during pregnancy may be harmful to the fetus.
Women of childbearing age should consult their physician regarding total vitamin A intake during pregnancy and consider both dietary and supplemental vitamin A intake during this discussion.
Vitamin K is known to interfere with anticoagulant medications. Persons taking anticoagulants should consult with their physician prior to taking the first dose of MVW Modulator Formulation Multivitamin Liquid Supplement
Bottles of 60 ml vanilla-flavored liquid
Store at room temperature in a cool, dry, place away from direct sunlight.
† This statement has not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Are the MVW vitamins available through any special programs?
Yes, they are available through the AbbVie CF Care Forward program
Ask about other program availability.
Are they available through my CF Specialty Pharmacy?
Our complete line of products are stocked by most of the CF Specialty Pharmacies across the country.
How are local pharmacists getting MVW Complete Formulation products through their wholesalers?
The Order Entry Numbers for MVW Nutritional Multivitamins – chewables, standard softgels, chewables and softgels with higher D, and drops are reflected in the chart below:
- Advise the pharmacist that the three major wholesalers – McKesson, ABC and Cardinal – have assigned order entry numbers for products that may be ordered through their respective wholesale distribution centers.
- The pharmacist should enter the number in their order entry system. If their local distribution center has already stocked the desired product, the order will process and product will arrive at to the pharmacist with the next shipment from the wholesaler – normally one to two days.
- If the local distribution center has never stocked the product, the order entry system will display one of two error messages: product discontinued, manufacturer backorder. Should the pharmacist get either of these two messages, they must CALL their local distribution center, provide the item number, and request that they stock the product. Distributors call this “activating an item” or “bringing the item in”. NOTE: Only an item with an assigned order entry can be activated at the local distribution center level in this manner.
- For products without an item number, the local distribution center must call their corporate office, and request that corporate assign an item number.
- If the pharmacist is (i) less than co-operative, or (ii) has questions, please call our toll-free number – (855) CF-MULTI – and we be happy to assist in this process.