MVW ADEK Hi-D Gummies are specifically formulated to meet the dietary needs of individuals who have difficulty absorbing fat and fat soluble vitamins, as seen in cystic fibrosis.
MVW ADEK Hi-D Gummies provide the essential fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E , and K in a water miscible formulation plus zinc. This product also contains the antioxidants beta-carotene, alpha-tocopherol, and zinc. The source of the vitamin D3 is “non-animal.” The product is vegetarian.
MVW ADEK Hi-D Gummies contain the same amounts of the fat-soluble vitamins A, E, and K, and zinc as found in the standard MVW ADEK GUMMIES for routine dosing, but provide 125 mcg (5000 IU) of D3 per serving (2 Gummies) to meet the “Step 2” dose increases recommended by the CF Foundation’s September 2010 Ad Hoc Committee recommendations.†
MVW ADEK Hi-D Gummies are covered by The HealthWell Foundation vitamin & supplements grant.
†This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
USAGE AND DIRECTIONS
Bottles of 60 chewable gummies.
Store at room temperature in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
Age 4 to 8 years, 2 gummies daily.
Over age 9 years, 2 gummies twice daily or as directed by physician.
Best taken with meals containing fat and supplemental pancreatic enzymes.
MVW Hi-D ADEK GUMMIES may be used for nutritional supplementation of the fat-soluble vitamins in individuals whose diets are deficient in the fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K or who have difficulty absorbing fat-soluble vitamins as seen in cystic fibrosis. For use solely under medical supervision.
SAFETY and PRECAUTIONS
MVW Hi-D ADEK Gummies have an inner safety seal for your protection. If the inner safety seal is broken or missing, do not use and contact MVW Nutritionals immediately at 1-855-236-8584.
Keep out of reach of children. Use caution when administering to children as this product may pose a choking hazard if not properly supervised. In case of accidental overdose, call a doctor or poison control center immediately. To report a serious adverse event, please contact MVW Nutritionals immediately at 1- 855-236-8584.
Do not use this product if you have a known sensitivity or allergy to any of the ingredients.
Excessive amounts of Vitamin A during pregnancy may be harmful to the fetus. Women of childbearing age should consult their physician regarding total vitamin A intake during pregnancy.
Vitamin K interferes with anticoagulant medications, so persons taking anticoagulant drugs should consult with their physician before beginning use of MVW Hi-D ADEK GUMMIES.
Are they available through my CF Specialty Pharmacy?
Our complete line of products are stocked by most of the CF Specialty Pharmacies across the country.
How are local pharmacists getting MVW Complete Formulation products through their wholesalers?
The Order Entry Numbers for MVW Nutritional Multivitamins – chewables, standard softgels, chewables and softgels with higher D, and drops are reflected in the chart below:
- Advise the pharmacist that the three major wholesalers – McKesson, ABC and Cardinal – have assigned order entry numbers for products that may be ordered through their respective wholesale distribution centers.
- The pharmacist should enter the number in their order entry system. If their local distribution center has already stocked the desired product, the order will process and product will arrive at to the pharmacist with the next shipment from the wholesaler – normally one to two days.
- If the local distribution center has never stocked the product, the order entry system will display one of two error messages: product discontinued, manufacturer backorder. Should the pharmacist get either of these two messages, they must CALL their local distribution center, provide the item number, and request that they stock the product. Distributors call this “activating an item” or “bringing the item in”. NOTE: Only an item with an assigned order entry can be activated at the local distribution center level in this manner.
- For products without an item number, the local distribution center must call their corporate office, and request that corporate assign an item number.
- If the pharmacist is (i) less than co-operative, or (ii) has questions, please call our toll-free number – (855) CF-MULTI – and we be happy to assist in this process.